Wii Motion Plus Accessory
Wii MotionPlus accessory plugs into the bottom of the Wii remote and enhances its motion controller features; created by Nintendo to take gameplay to the next level. A level Microsoft and Sony appear to have leapfrogged. Wii motion plus rotates at the same angles as your arm does. It’s very precise.
If you have anticipated 100% 1:1 corresponding movement you might be slightly disappointed. Some games work better than others and there are lots of reasons. In real time processing any missed or not correctly mapped hand movement has to be processed, the result is some characters and moves appear jumpy. After all the fine-line between realism and reality can be easily confused. Being able to beat Andy Murray on Grand Slam Tennis with Wii Plus is the whole objective behind the game, to beat him at Wimbledon with a real racket would be impossible with only experience using virtual reality gaming.
The endless quest for more realism by developers was indeed their shortcoming when blob like tennis player’s called Mii’s pushed the Nintendo Wii Console to the top of the games console best seller list and has remained at the top since 2006 – until now. To those fans of Wii Sports tennis. EA Sports Grand Slam Tennis comes across much more in depth, with many more modes of gameplay, plus a better rating system, awards, online gaming and of course MotionPlus controls. Other camps of gamers are not so keen to splash their cash (£15 – £19) to buy MotionPlus instead just choosing Grand Slam Tennis alone. Many Wii owners are waiting for Wii Sports Resort the second Wii Sports title which includes Motion Plus.
Motion Plus Compatible Games
- EA Sports Grand Slam Tennis – Not only a slamming tennis game, also rated well are the Mini-games. Social Tennis Party is for multiple players having a shot and staying active. More than 12 party games can be played, using 7 core Tennis Academy style games. WFC: Play singles and doubles against random opponents online. Every win goes to your country on the nation’s leader board. Overall Grand Slam Tennis can be taken as serious or light as the player chooses in the in-game settings.
- Virtual Tennis 2009 – 19/06/2009 – Overshadowed by the release of EA Sports.
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010 – Motion Plus will take this PGA Tour series to the next level. PGA Tour 10 offers: Precision Putting, lifelike sports broadcast commentary. Playing golf in the U.S. Open tournament being the highlight.
- Red Steel 2 – TBA 2009 not taking the sporting approach Red Steel 2 makes use of Motion Plus for combat.
- Sports Resort’s the kind of fun Summer game all can play and it is just as fun to watch. Nintendo Wii Sports Resort is a series of mini-games: cycling, skydiving, golf, basketball, table tennis, precision archery, canoeing and bushido all set on and around a Beach